How Can Physical Therapy help me?
Physical therapy is a treatment option that uses specific exercises to improve mobility, relieve pain and improve your overall quality of life. For many patients, physical therapy is a non-invasive alternative to other riskier treatments, such as surgery.
How do I know if I should try physical therapy?
Physical therapy is appropriate for patients with a variety of different conditions. If you are injured, for example, physical therapy can help you recover faster and restore normal function to the injured area. Physical therapy can also be beneficial to patients who struggle with chronic pain, arthritis or other such problems that impact their quality of life. In addition, physical therapy may aid in recovery after certain surgical procedures as well.
If you are thinking of trying physical therapy, talk to your doctor about its potential benefits.
What are some of the benefits of physical therapy?
Physical therapy offers several notable benefits for patients. Some of the benefits of physical therapy include:
- Less pain – Patients who opt for physical therapy often notice a reduction in the amount of pain they feel.
- Enhanced movement – Physical therapy can alleviate stiffness and improve your flexibility, especially in areas with injuries or scar tissue.
- Safety – When you undergo physical therapy under the supervision of an experienced physical therapist, the risk of injuries and other complications is low. Likewise, physical therapy poses fewer risks than more invasive options, such as injections and surgery.
- Customized treatment – Physical therapy programs can be customized to meet the needs of each individual patient.
- Compatibility with other treatments – Physical therapy can be used in conjunction with most other types of treatment, including medication, chiropractic care and more.
When participating in physical therapy for any reason, you should always make sure that you are working with a licensed, experienced physical therapist. Please contact us today to learn more about beginning physical therapy sessions with a trustworthy professional.