When to See an Orthopedist About Foot & Ankle Problems
Our feet and ankles are extremely important to our body. They allow us to walk around and do other things such as dance or play sports. Because of this, it is important to listen to your body. If your feet and ankles are injured, you want to take care of them as soon as possible. Failure to do so could lead to an impact on your quality of life.
Symptoms to Watch For
If you ever experience pain in your feet or ankles, you should take notice. These are just a few of the symptoms that you should be on the lookout for and if you do experience any of these things, you should see an orthopedist to have them checked out:
- Pain that lasts for more than 72 hours in your feet or ankles
- Swelling of one of your legs or feet that lasts for more than 24 hours
- An increase in pain when you are exercising or walking
- Pain while you are resting or when you are elevating your legs
- A new progression of a foot deformity that comes on suddenly
- An infection in your ankles or feet
- The flattening of your arch in one of your feet or both
- A developing blister or ulcer on your foot or feet that you did not feel happening
- An ulcer or blister on your foot or feet that is not healing
- A loss of sensation in your feet or ankles
These are some very serious issues that you want to have checked out as soon as possible. If you are experiencing any of these problems, you should contact one of our orthopedic doctors Orange Park Florida. Contact us today to make an appointment so we can get you back on your feet.