5 Knee Pain Remedies
People experience knee pain due to years of struggling with arthritis or from a recent injury. Regardless of what caused the knee pain, people want pain relief fast. Check out the following five knee pain remedies to help you feel better faster:
- RICE: If the knee pain is new and caused by an injury, apply the RICE technique of rest, ice, compression, and elevation. RICE is also good for arthritis flare-ups to reduce pain and inflammation.
- Exercise: When you’re in pain, exercise seems like the last thing you want to do. However, people who suffer from arthritis find that careful movement eases the pain and strengthens the knee. Consider activities like yoga, tai chi, swimming, and walking.
- Walking aids: Using a cane or another walking aid helps take pressure off the knee, providing much-needed relief.
- Knee braces: Splints and braces help keep you stable and provide compression.
- Cushioned insoles: If walking causes pain, consider making adjustments to your shoes. Cushioned insoles fitted by a doctor or physical therapist are best.
While most knee pain is manageable at home, sometimes you need a bone and joint specialist to offer additional remedies. At Southeast Orthopedic Specialists in Jacksonville, FL, we provide cutting-edge care for orthopedic problems. Whether you have a sports injury, a degenerative bone condition, or another issue that’s causing knee pain, our team of physicians is ready to assist you. We are the leaders in sports medicine, joint replacement, and emergency care for all hand, knee, spine, and foot and ankle care. You don’t deserve to live in pain. What you do deserve are specialists who care about helping you live a pain-free, active life. To learn more about how we treat bone and joint pain, contact Southeast Orthopedic Specialists at 904-634-0640.